Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pro Blogger- Brotha Buck


When we were told to read one of the two blogs written by an African American, I was immediately drawn to Brotha Buck's blog.  Not only is he a talented writer, he is a cartoonist.  I think that is a main reason why the majority of the class read his blog.  
Brotha Buck talks about issues from buying $70 popcorn from a Cub Scout to the presidential election.  I sat reading his blog for literally an hour.  His posts are easy to read, because they are short and sweet.  I noticed from the comments being left, that he has a strong connection with his audience.  Brotha Buck does not ask questions to lure in comments, instead his readers are interested in his everyday occurrences.  I think a lot of people can relate to Brotha Buck, that's why he gets several comments on his blog. He has a funny and sarcastic personality which makes his blog more enjoyable to read.  The pictures, videos, and cartoons included in his blog are hilarious.  
My attention was immediately grabbed.  After reading one post, I wanted to keep reading further and further.  His opinions may be controversial but they bring up good discussion amongst the readers.  Does anyone have any ideas how I can improve my blog?  What did u guys think of Brotha Buck's blog?  I know he has been blogging for awhile but I still think it is incredible how many comments he receives!                                

1 comment:

Chris Getz said...

I agree with you. Brotha Buck's blog was hilarious and he did a good job of connecting with the reader. He is very easy to relate to even though I'm not a parent. It was really interesting to see how his personality as a blogger developed throughout his entire blog